Halloween Dance

Today I went to the hospital to do my volunteering, just like every Wednesday night. Unlike the usual Wednesday night though, tonight was the Halloween Dance. It was supposed to be next week, but the program directors decided to move it up a week so that we could have a Halloween party next week. Working for a mental hospital sounds like such a party. Of course no one informed us that we were having a dance, so we were slightly shocked to see all the patients walk in with scary costumes on. Really scary. Actually, I'm not positive that some of them actually did dress up, which is my insensitive way of stating that some of the patients appearances gives me the goose bumps on a normal, non-halloween costume party day. Insensitive, but true. We danced for over two hours, they LOVED it. Some of them were copying what we were doing, some were off in a corner dancing by themselves, and some just stood around and watched. I mentioned my new friend Joe who is a patient at the hospital. Well he stuck around me most of the night and from time to time he would just stop dancing, look over at me with really wide eyes, and start laughing in a really forced way. Kind of weird. The only way I could describe it is like this: 
"(high pitched, wide eyes) HA. HA. HA. (now lower tone, wider eyes) HA. HA. HA." 
Creepy, I know.

In other news, yesterday I officially got a Utah drivers license. I've had my Maryland license up until this point, but our car insurance insisted that we both have Utah licenses now. :( I liked the little crab. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer