Sick Babies


Just when I thought Cora and Ruby were going to make it through a whole flu season without anything worse than a couple of mild colds... Bam! Some kind of plague hit our house. Ruby has gotten it the worse. She’s had a fever for days and spends all her time moaning. All she wants to do is lay her head on my shoulder and be held all day long. Poor poor Ruby. I took her to the doctor today and turns out she has a double ear infection and pink eye. Cora also has a fever, though not as high, and pink eye. She’s in better spirits than Ruby, and I’m hoping that her ears stay healthy. 

Today they cried and cried as I tried everything I could think of to help them. Finally I just stuck them in the stroller and went on a walk around the neighborhood. The crying stopped the second we went outside and they fell asleep shortly after. I didn’t want to break the spell until Clayton got home, so we walked for almost 2 hours. It was a lovely, quiet marathon. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy