9 Monthaversary

We have been super busy the past few weeks. We made the goal to visit all the temples in Utah before we move to New York, and we've made pretty good progress. So far we've been to Manti, Provo, Draper, South Jordan, Oquirrh Mountain, Timpanogos, and we just went to Bountiful. In a couple weeks we are taking a trip down to St. George to go to the temple and maybe camp out while we are there. It's been an awesome experience. We have really enjoyed going and seeing all the temples. They're all so different and beautiful. 



As I mentioned, we just went to the Bountiful temple last weekend. Becky, my awesome sister in law, came with us, and I was really glad she did. The more time I spend with Becky, the more I find out cool stuff about her. 



This past week was mid-term exam week for me. All of my tests went well, even the one that I was worried about. I'm taking Behavioral Neurobiology this term, and it is kicking my butt. Other than that though, I'm loving my classes. I think I really lucked out with college, because I really love my major. I actually enjoy going to my classes and all the reading and papers because it's a topic that I find to be really awesome.

Clayton has been working with his dad for a few weeks now. They're working on various projects around their house, but mostly they're working in the yard. Clayton's been building a cement border around the garden, building swing sets, digging up trees, building shelves, and being a general handyman. He really likes it, and it keeps him busy while he waits to start at Goodyear. 

This past weekend we went camping with a friend. We went up the Spanish Fork canyon and found the perfect secluded spot to camp out. We got there Thursday evening, set up our tent, made a fire, ate foil pack dinners, listened to Nathan play his guitar, and then went to bed. The next morning we got up, built a fire, made breakfast burritos, packed up, and went on an awesome hike to some natural hot springs. The hike takes about 45 mins and is beautiful. Both Clayton and I have been there on other occasions, but we both have always gone at night so we never really saw what it looked like. It was awesome. Even the weather was perfect because it was overcast and slightly drizzling while we soaked in hot water outside. 




Miss Penny Jane, Tatum, Clayton and I went on a hike up the canyon too. The sun was is her eyes and obviously needed the glasses. :) 

After we got back we realized that a couple days ago was our 9 monthaversary. Yay for being married! It's been just flying by. I still feel like a brand new newlywed. 

Lastly, we've been planning housing appointments because we are going to New York soon to scout out the area. I am so excited! I can't wait to see where we are going to live. We've been counting down the days for weeks now, and it's almost here. Hopefully we will find a house that we like and have the decision made by the time we get back. We'll be moving there in August, so time is ticking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy