Derek & Sarah Kay's Wedding


It's wedding season, and this weekend two of my best friend's got married. I met Derek when I started working at the library, and we became super close last summer. I met Sarah Kay a couple years ago, and I just always thought she was great. Then I had the genius idea to set them up. Every night after Derek took Sarah Kay on a date, he would call me and we would discuss everything that happened, what/how he felt about her, etc. Then the next day at work we would talk about it again, and I told him over and over, "I can't wait till you guys get married." I knew it was going to happen from the beginning. Well it's almost a year later, and they are now a happily new married couple.





They had their reception the night before their actual wedding, which at first I thought was weird, but then I recognized how nice and convenient it was. No hurry, no fatigue, just partying. They're reception was at the Cedar Hills Vista room. It was so beautiful with the huge windows right at sunset.
They posted their story on these boards around the room, and I was the very first word :). 


They next morning we all went to the Draper temple to see them get sealed. It was wonderful, of course. I was so so so happy to be there and to see them so happy together. I actually teared up because of all the happiness.



After a few rounds of pictures at the temple, we went to La Jolla Groves for their luncheon. Have I ever mentioned how much I love La Jolla Groves? It is to die for! 




After the wedding we went home and Clayton left to spend the evening with his dad. I read a book, took a shower, and just relaxed. It was so nice. It's been a great weekend. 


Comments

  1. Oh my god! The venue is fantabulous. I have also shortlisted some of the Los Angeles event venues for my wedding day. It was wonderful going through this post. Also, I really like her wedding dress. It is simple and it looks amazing. Congratulations to the newly wedded.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy