Rigby, Idaho

The day after Thanksgiving we decided that we had had enough of Provo, and it was time to take a mini vacation. Our friend Nathan lives up in Rigby, as do the Woods and the Bishops, and they invited us to come up for a few days over the weekend. So we packed our bags, grabbed some oranges for the road, and drove four hours up to Idaho. It's not far, but just far enough to let you feel like you've left the Utah bubble. 
That evening we went to the National Forest about an hour north of Rigby to cut down a christmas tree for the Hardyman home. 





When we got back to the house Nathan's dad, Paul, made a Thanksgiving dinner 2.0. Apparently they had Thanksgiving at their extended family's house, which meant that they didn't have any left overs. So, they cooked a whole turkey and all the usual sides just so that they could have left overs. I thought it was such as great idea that I wanted to cook a turkey too, and then I remembered that I have no idea how to do that and it sounds complex so I decided against it.

Clayton and I insisted that we do the dishes after dinner, and then afterward we all hung out in the living room and played games until bed time. The Hardyman's have such a cozy home, and it's one of those places that you just feel comfortable and relaxed in.


The next day we all went thrift store shopping. The whole family came, even baby Henry. We found an awesome Globe and some Christmas decorations. Then we just went home and ate more and relaxed more and watched some really great football. If anyone watched the Alabama vs Auburn game, you know what I'm talking about.

One of my favorite parts about going on trips is coming home, ironically. We made sure that our apartment was all clean when we left, so when we came back it felt so nice walking in the door. Something about coming home to a clean home is refreshing, especially when you've been away.

Last side note: it has been snowing like crazy all day today.
Miserable, but pretty. The first time it snows every year reminds me of Romania. Apparently I wasn't the only one, my friends that went to Romania with me all thought of it too. Some day I would really love to go back to Romania and show Clayton what an awesome place it is. Although I spent most of my time there in Iasi, I would want to take him to the string of cities around Bucharest. We would hike sapte scur, and shop in the market places, and go horse back riding in the back country, and go to a dance festival... dream big, right?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy