The Great Break

We spent the majority of the week of Christmas with the Johnson's, and I am so glad we did. Although I have always loved them and loved spending time with them, being with them for a week has really made me feel like an integrated part of the family. 

On Saturday, Jenny, Clayton, Jenny's friend Charlotte, Charlotte's husband (who's name I can't quite remember), and I went to Jake's Archery Range. Clayton and I have been wanting to go there for some time to test out our bow and arrow skills. It was a little shaky at first, but we weren't too bad! In fact, by the end, the majority of our shots were on the target paper. It was really cool, and I think we will try it again sometime.



On Sunday everyone went to Scott and Kathy's ward, after which we went home and hung out all day. Tommy and Annie came home on Saturday, so we had a mini Christmas with them Sunday afternoon. Then in the evening we celebrated Clayton's birthday with burgers, pumpkin pie, and presents. We got home late that night and crashed.


On Monday we all met up again for a service project. The women's shelter in Salt Lake is a place for women and children who are escaping abusive husbands. The shelter sent out a list of things they need, so we went to Walmart and collected them. Afterward we went to the Orem mall and ate lunch. We parted ways after that. Jenny was going back to Georgia the next day, Becky, Tommy, and Annie were headed back to Salt Lake, and we were going to stay put in Provo.

And stay put we did. We did nothing for the rest of the day. Clayton played a game that Adolfo got him hooked on, I finished my book, we watched part of a movie, and tried to plan a graduation trip. If we had done that on a day in the middle of the semester I would have loved it, but it was actually pretty boring. Also, we haven't been sleeping very well. During the semester we are conked out the second we go to bed and we sleep like hibernating bears, but this past week we have both been pretty restless. I guess that's when you know you are once again prepared to dive back into school and work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer