21st Birthday

As an LDS member, I celebrated my 21st birthday a little differently than your average bear. There were no clubs, drugs, or alcohol. Instead I ate a lot of really good food, saw a bunch of friends, and finally saw Catching Fire. 

Every year since I've moved to Utah (3 years ago) I have gone out to breakfast with my friends to Kneaders on my birthday for the french toast. It is to die for. I never go to that bakery any other day of the year, only on my birthday, so that it stays special. So, this morning Clayton and I met up with my friends Maria and Zach to go to Kneaders. It was actually Maria's birthday too. Twins. As usual, it was delicious. Belly aching from being too full delicious. 

After breakfast, Clayton and I went up to campus to study. Finals are just around the corner, so taking a whole day off is a little stressful. There is just too much to do. Four hours later, we came out of the library, went home, cleaned our apartment, and then the Brandts came over. Tatum gave me two gifts: a paddle ball, and finger mustache tattoos! Best gift ever.


After they left, Clayton gave me a manicure with the new nail polish he bought me. He does that occasionally on special occasions, like the night before he proposed. He really is the sweetest guy.


For dinner we went to La Jolla Groves. I had heard about it from a friend, and we had been wanting to go there for a while. It was beautiful. The whole restaurant was one big room with lemon trees making a canopy of leaves and lemons over all the tables. The food was absolutely amazing, and don't even get me started on their creme brulee. We didn't know it was a fancier joint, and we felt really under-dressed. But now we know for next time.



After dinner Matt and Stephanie came over to play games with us. Somehow college has turned me into a game lover. I just love getting together with people and playing games like banana grams, sequence, uno, etc. Not to mention that the company was great. Matt and Steph are such great friends.

As the last event of the night, we went to see Catching Fire. Our friends Aaron and Alexis, as well as my sister Sierra and her friend Brady, came with us. We were the only ones who haven't already seen it. I had high expectations, and they were met. What a great movie. Now I feel like I need to read the books again.

I have some awesome friends and family who made my birthday wonderful. All the cards and phone calls really were the cherry on top of a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer