The Bass Hall


When I was little my family went to the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, Texas to see the Nutcracker ballet. The Bass Hall was one of my favorite buildings ever. I thought it was so majestic. The carpets were red velvet, there were swooping staircases, and the ceiling was painted like the sky. Women wore sparkly evening gowns and men wore slick black suits. It was beautiful. I remember wearing my favorite church dress and sitting next to my sisters on the front row of one of the balconies. I felt so sophisticated. 


One of my dreams was to play with one of my orchestras at the Bass Hall. When we lived in Texas I was part of the Fort Worth Youth Symphony, and after I had left they actually did perform there. Imagine my envy.
Today as I was taking a shower, I was day dreaming about performing in the Bass Hall. Sometimes I get a little carried away in my shower dreams. As I opened the shower curtain, I was smiling and waving to my audience at the conclusion of my spectacular performance. Then reality settled in when I realized that my only audience was the bathroom towels hanging on the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer