The Waffle Fiasco

At our wedding we were absolutely spoiled with wedding gifts. We've been working on thank you cards for months and still have a ton to do... not that I'm complaining. It actually been kind of difficult finding time to write them. We have a deadline though, we want to get them all done by the end of Thanksgiving break.
One of our totally awesome presents was this baby. It's a belgian waffle iron, and I've been dying to use it. This morning we had a couple hours before I had to run to work (I covered a friend's Saturday morning shift at the library because she is running a Ragnar in Las Vegas), so we made waffles!



They were really good, we will definitely be making waffles more regularly. We were running short on time though by the time we were eating them. I guess Clayton was a little too rushed because he accidentally knocked his whole plate of syrupy-powdered-sugary-waffles right on his lap. I was laughing so hard I nearly choked on my waffle. At that point we had about five minutes before I was going to be late for work, so he ran and changed his pants and I grabbed the vacuum. Have you ever tried to vacuum up powdered sugar? It's not an easy task. Clayton drove me to work so that I wouldn't be late, and then he stayed in the library and studied.


Clayton sometimes puts this hat on when he wakes up with crazy hair. I guess it flattens it or something. He calls wearing that hat in the mornings "doing his hair". What a goofy dude. Anyway, I think it makes this awesome picture 5 times better .



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy