Rollin'

This week just flew by. I think that tends to happen more when you're really busy, there are a lot of deadlines, and you're trying to procrastinate. This week I had tons of meetings with my research group. Right now we are working on a study on pain sensitivity between genders. Interesting stuff. I also had two exams and a couple papers due. Not to mention that our ward Halloween party was on Tuesday night, the hospital Halloween party was on Wednesday night, and Thursday we celebrated the real Halloween. After the week was over we were completely drained. So instead of spending our weekend trying to catch-up and get ahead in our classes, we took it off. We slept in, watched some movies together, and went shopping. 
I like to think that I'm a fairly low-maintenance kind of girl, I mean I only wear make-up, do my hair, and match my clothes on Sundays, but man do I like to shop. And since married couples budgets are particularly tight, I haven't been shopping in months. Not that I really needed to. But, when my winter boots soles started coming off and I realized that I don't have a winter jacket that has a working zipper, I decided now was a good time to go grab some winter necessities. Recently a new H&M store was opened in the Provo mall, and I love H&M! So on Saturday I went to the mall, and two hours later I came out with a new pair of pants and two new shirts! Everything I didn't need! Yay! I just couldn't help myself. I justified it by telling myself that I have been working so hard this semester that I deserve some new shirts, even if the snowy Utah winter is coming and I don't have winter gear. When I came home and showed Clayton, who had been home studying for his business law test, he just laughed and said that shirts definitely count as winter clothes because you still have to wear something under your coat. What a nice husband I have that will let me go off on the weekend and blow some of our savings just because some pretty shirts caught my eye. :)
Shortly after I got home, someone called Clayton about our car Fritz that we've been sort of trying to sell. I say sort of because we haven't been putting very much time or effort into selling it, mostly because we weren't in any rush. We don't drive much, and when we do we take the camry, so it was kind of one of those out of sight out of mind situations. Anyway, we met with a guy and his family who were looking for a car for their son. We told them that Fritz is in need of a tune up, new struts on both front tires, and a couple replaced gaskets. We also told him about it's problems with long distances and hills, and we made sure that he knew exactly what he would be getting himself into if he bought this car (I know, we are great sales men). We agreed to sell it to him for almost half of what I bought it for a year ago, and now Fritz is off our hands. We celebrated by going to In-N-Out for some burgers and shakes, and then we browsed around Barns & Noble. 
It's been such a hectic week and a relaxed weekend, but that's how I like it. Four more weeks until Thanksgiving Break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy