Thanksgiving

At the beginning of the month, Kathy asked us to write down one thing that we are grateful for every day until Thanksgiving. We spent today with my sister Dani and her family though, so we didn't get to share our lists. Here is mine:

I am thankful...

1. for my husband.
2. for our home, and that it feels like home to us.
3. for heating in our apartment.
4. for our waffle maker.
5. that we live so close to our families.
6. that we actually get to see our families pretty often.
7. for Brigham Young University and the opportunities it provides.
8. that I live in a culture that values women's education and lives. 
9. that I have the gospel in my life.
10. that Clayton is diligent in daily scripture reading and prayer.
11. that Clayton is also diligent about laundry.
12. for President Monson.
13. for American History.
14. that we are not in debt.
15. for the lack of snow this far in the year.
16. for my professors at school and how easy that make it to want to go to class.
17. that both Clayton and I are healthy and happy.
18. for my parents. 
19. especially for my mom.
20. for the ward that we moved into.
21. for my visiting teaching companion.
22. for the safety and security that comes from living in the United States. 
23. for temple marriages.
24. for cell phones.
25. for my best friend Emma. 
26. for the Beatles, John Legend, and the Killers.
27. for Jane Austen books.
28. for time off of school and work for Thanksgiving break. 

Today was eventful. We started the day off with the Brandt Turkey Crawl, followed by chatting, putting up christmas lights, and lots of cooking.


Then of course was the big lunch/dinner.
I made my mom's special beet salad. I know it sounds a little strange and maybe even unappealing, but it's really good. It's the only way I like beets.


After dinner we went to the movies to see the new Disney film Frozen. It was ok, Tatum liked it. Then we went back to the house for desserts. Now we are home and debating on if we should take a "nap" and risk not waking up until tomorrow morning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer