Rubes and Coco





The twins are almost 4 months old. Wow, has it been a crazy roller coaster since the day they were born. I think we’ve finally gotten to the point where we’ve established a good schedule, and for the most part I feel capable to handle everything. The older they get the better it gets. They eat better, they sleep better, they’re more interactive, etc.


This past week Ruby and Cora have started to notice each other. We were getting the girls dressed in cow costumes to go to Chick Fil E for cow appreciation day, and all of a sudden they both locked eyes and started smiling and cooing at each other. It melted my mama heart! Never before had they made eye contact or reacted to each other! I can’t wait until they can play together. 



Cora and Ruby like:
The sound you make when you roll your tongue
The sit-me-up
Being outside
Riding in the car
The baby carrier
Talking face to face

Ruby and Cora dislike:
Baths
Tummy time (they hate it)
When you’re 10 seconds late for feeding them 
Being put to bed
Getting undressed at the doctors office and then being put down on the cold table 
When one pokes the other in the eye while tandem feeding


Last night the girls slept through the night for the first time in their lives. A whole 8 hours! I woke up at 7 this morning and thought that something must have happened to them because they didn’t wake me up for the 2 am or 5 am feeding. So I jumped out of bed, ran into their room, and they were both sleeping soundly and breathing regularly. I was shocked. I’m not getting my hopes up that this will be a permanent thing, but it’s a good sign. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy