4 Month Doctor’s Appointment

Look at this girl! I just can’t even handle her goofy face!

Cora and Ruby had their 4 month wellness checkup yesterday. These girls are growing like weeds! They were both just under 12 lbs. and they both grew about 2-2.5 inches since their last appointment.


They are hitting all the 4 month milestones, like smiling, cooing, babbling, bringing their hands together, bringing their hands to their mouths, holding up their heads, rolling from their stomach to their back, tracking objects with their eyes,  and assisted standing and sitting.
The one thing they haven’t started to do yet is reach for items. I bet that will happen soon though.


The past couple of nights have been SO hard. They have been taking turns waking up every other hour, so I get to get up every hour. I have always woken up one twin if the other is awake to nurse so that we can avoid being out of sync. Usually I can keep them on the same schedule. Maybe it’s a growth spurt? What happened to all those long stretches of sleep we were getting? 


Regardless of their less than desirable sleep schedules, I am really enjoying this stage of their life. It is like night and day compared to how hard they were as newborns. They are so darn cute! We spend all day smiling and talking to each other. 
 If I didn’t have to be pregnant or go through labor and delivery, I would have 100 babies! ...just one at a time from now on...

The hardest part right now is that the girls are the happiest when we stick to their routine. I love a good, strict schedule, but I have found that it’s really difficult to go anywhere or do anything and keep up with their routine. They don’t nap well unless we are home and they have the perfect environment (laying down, swaddled, dim light, in their room). We’ve been going over to friend’s houses and running errands this past week instead of staying holed up in the house, and it’s been kind of hard on them. Maybe we need to stay hermits for a while longer. Or maybe they just need to get used to it, because I can’t handle being home all the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy