31 weeks

I decided that I really don't like taking selfies, my faces are too weird.

How far along? 31 weeks, babies are the size of coconuts. My next ultrasound is on Tuesday so I'll have more legitimate measurements then. I also am going to start having weekly stress tests done and even more frequent doctors visits. They sure do keep an eye on high risk pregnancies! I feel like I'm always at doctors appointments and always getting some kind of test done.

Total weight gain/loss: 32 lbs. That's pretty dang good for twins, if I do say so myself! I'm feeling it though, carrying around all that weight in the front is doing a number on my back and hips. As far as size goes, it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be at this point- counting my blessings!

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep? I'm sooo drowsy all day and I sleep like a baby at night (minus the 2-4 bathroom trips)

Best moment this week: We've gotten half of the nursery set up! I'll post a couple pictures when it's finished.

Food cravings: I am surprisingly getting less hungry. Maybe because of lack of room?

Movement: All the time, and especially when I drink a soda.

Belly Button in or out? out

Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time. My hands and feet swelled up a little one day this week. After doing some research I read that one reason for swelling is that dehydration can cause water retention. So the next day I drank over a gallon of water and it hasn't been an issue since. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: More like anxious. My whole pregnancy the finish line felt so far away, and now it's almost here. It's too soon, I don't think I'm ready. In fact, I might never be ready so the twins should probably just stay right where they are for forever. 

Exercise: light exercise, just trying to keep up the habit. 

Any other symptoms? I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I get Braxton hicks every day. It started months ago, which is not uncommon with multiples, so I'm not worried about it. As long as they're short and not consistently timed it's supposedly fine. I have noticed that certain things that I do will trigger them- like bending over, sitting without back support, not constantly drinking water, walking for a long time... basically anything physically demanding.

Side note: My OB told me that the next twin pregnancy milestone is 34 weeks. That's when the twins lungs should be adequately developed and they will be weighing a decent amount. After that they won't even try to stop labor if it starts. I have a feeling though that these girls are really comfortable and they're going to make it past their full term date. On the one hand it would be great for them to stay inside and get nice and chubby, but on the other hand it would be really nice to have my body to myself again. 

I'm going to try to make the updates weekly now instead of bi-weekly. The girls could make their debut at any point, and I want to make sure to have updates close to the actual delivery date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy