Exciting Stuff

This past weekend was pretty cool. On Saturday Tommy got baptized. It was a really nice morning, and we loved being there with the family to support Tommy. He is such an awesome kid.

(I stole this pic from my sister in law. Thanks Becky!)

After the baptism we went to see Captain America with Scott, Kathy, Whitney, and Adolfo. It. Was. Awesome. There was so much action and fighting, and Captain America definitely has improved on his fighting skills. I loved it. I loved the first Cap America movie, and this one was 10x better. Side note: I've always had a crush on Chris Evans (he's got that old-fashioned thing going for him), but we watched his interview on The Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon, and now I just think he's a weirdo. Not that he said anything bad or inappropriate, he was just kind of strange. 

Also, we finally found out where we are moving to! A few weeks ago we heard that there were three plants that they were going choose from to send us to: Lawton, OK, Topeka, KS, and Danville, VA. None of them were great choices, but we decided that Danville was the best option. It was close to my family, Virginia is nice, and the town was close to a couple big cities. Well then this morning our friend Ryland got a call from Goodyear and they told him they were sending him to Lawton, OK. I was so relieved that it wouldn't be an option for us anymore! Lawton is too hot, and too remote. Then Clayton got his call.
Drum roll, please....

We are moving to New York! We didn't even know it was a option! I was so surprised. We spent the rest of today looking up wards and apartments. We even called the Bishop of the ward we are probably going to go to to ask about the area and potential apartments. I'm pretty sure I've called most of the people in my family, and Clayton sent out a mass text to his. My mom and Rob are actually on a cruise right now, so there is no way to tell them the news. I guess they'll just have to wait until they get back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy