11 months


Somehow these cute girls are 11 months old now. They are so sweet and funny. At our last appointment they measured 20th percentile fit weight, 30th for height, and 60th for head circumference. I’d be interested to know how they compare on an adjusted age scale though.
Both girls are standing on their own, turning off lights every time we pass a light switch, eating lots of food, and emptying every drawer and cabinet they can get into.

Ruby and Cora have been “sleeping through the night” for many months now with the help of an 11 pm dream feed. Usually you drop the dream feed around 6 months, but because my girls are small sized and low on the growth charts I kept the dream feed to give them more opportunities to get more calories. I was hesitant to drop the feeding because I didn’t want to jeprodizs their consistent good nights sleep, but they’re 11 months old now, so it was time. I read up on the best ways to drop it and decided that cold turkey was the best. 
The first night went pretty well. They both woke up at 11, but after a little consoling from Clayton they both went back to sleep pretty quickly. They woke up 30 minutes early the next day, but that was ok. I never thought I’d be ok with a 6:30 am wake up call, but being a mom changes you ;).
Last night was the second night, and it did not go as well. Cora slept all the way through the night without even waking up at 11, but Ruby had a hard time. She also didn’t wake up at 11, but she was wide awake and ready to party at 3 in the flipping morning. I went into her room to pat her back and remind her that it’s night time and needs to go back to sleep. She settled down quickly but then the second I walked out the door she screamed and screamed. So I waited 15 minutes before going in and doing the same thing, and I repeated that process for a long time. Finally she was screaming so hard that she was coughing and gaging, so I went in, pick her up, and waited until she calmed down. She was wide awake. It was so frustrating!! But I knew I couldn’t hold her all night and I didn’t want her to think waking up in the middle of the night to play was ok, so I put her back and went to bed. She cried for 20 more minutes and then fell asleep. Both girls woke up at their usual 7, and all 3 of us are going to take a nap today. 

In other news, Clayton read the Marie Kondo book about Japanese cleaning. Since then he was been throwing away all of his things. I don’t really think that this fad will last for him, as he loves collecting tools, books, and tech. 

Abe is being a monster. He keeps finding all the baby socks and eating them! Our sock numbers are dwindling and there aren’t any matching pairs anymore! What I can I do about that dumb dog that we all love too much? I try not to leave any socks around, but they fall off the girls feet often (as is typical of baby socks), and he is quick to snatch them up. So annoying. 

I’m attempting to make more mom friends. It’s kind of hard, you really have to put yourself out there. It’s so easy to make friends at work or school because you see those same people every day and you have plenty of opportunities to talk to each other. Half the challenge of making mom friends is finding them. Other than church, the only place that I’ve had success was at the library. Our library has a little play area for kids, so we go there about once a week. Thank goodness for my church community. I’d be lonely without them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy