Pasta Pasta Pasta

I recently acquired the Kitchen Aid pasta maker, and I was really really excited about trying it out. I have been having visions all afternoon of all the homemade pasta I would make, and how I could package it in cute wrapping to give to my neighbors for Christmas. 
Turns out, making pasta dough is kinda tricky. I used the recipe that came in the booklet with the attachments, and the dough kept turning out crumbly. So then I would add water and knead it more, and turned it into this disgusting pile of dry dough with a slimy outside. After starting over and trying again, and then failing again, I tried a different recipe from a blog on Pinterest. 
3rd times a charm.



The part where you flatten the dough and then run it through the cutter was pretty easy. The noodles ended up a really nice thickness (as in not too thick, which I have heard is common).
Btw, Clayton was my sous chef during this part of the process.
It was fun!




The finished product. All in all, the whole process took me several hours. But I'm confident that I could do it again, and make it in under 30 minutes. Now I just need to learn how to make some rockin' sauces.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy