COVID-19

This week Ruby had a stomach bug. Man, was it gross. It seems like every single washable item in our house has been through the laundry at least a few times. I’ve been cleaning and disinfecting every surface like a mad woman. Yesterday she started complaining about her ears so I took her to Instacare. She has a double ear infection and is taking antibiotics. And just when Ruby started to feel better, Cora woke up in a pool of throw up 🤢. I can’t handle cleaning all the bodily fluids! I have a weak stomach! 
We’ve been self quarantined since Wednesday, and I think we’re all feeling the effects of being cooped up. The twin’s birthday is at the end of this month, and I was planning on throwing an astronaut birthday party for them, but now I think we’ll have to put it off until the whole coronavirus thing blows over.  




In other news, tax season sucks this year. Clayton is working crazy hours Monday- Saturday, so we hardly ever see him. He’s been leaving for work around 5:30 am, comes home at 6, spends an hour with the girls before they go to bed, and then hops back on the computer to work until late at night. He doesn’t work on Sundays, and I’m really grateful to have him around. There’s only a few weeks left though, and supposedly his summer schedule is going to be really relaxed. Fingers crossed.

I am liking my job. The flexibility is amazing. I only work two evenings a week and Thursday day. It’s just enough time that it gives me purpose, but not enough to make me feel like I’m missing out on anything at home. On Thursdays the girls have been hanging out with Dani. Have I mentioned how much I love and appreciate her, and love living by her?

I went to the store yesterday to pick up some essentials. It was packed of course and I had to wait in line for about an hour just to buy diapers and oatmeal. I was lucky enough to get the last box of size 5 diapers, but it was a small box and won’t last us very long. Maybe I need to consider potty training the twins early if this whole grocery shortage lasts. They haven’t shown any interest in being potty trained though, and honestly I don’t even know how to go about training them at the same time. 

Ruby and Cora update: aside from being sick this week, both girls are doing great. Their vocabulary is growing every day. Sometimes it surprises me when they start saying words I didn’t know they knew. They are such little parrots and will repeat anything you tell them to. They can both count to 10 and sing the ABCs (sort of). Last night when I was putting Cora down for bed she kept asking for “Clayton? Clayton?” 

We’re liking Utah still. The winter weather has been amazing, and it’s nice having so many mom friends. I still miss Ohio though. Mostly just my friends and the trees. It is so dry and desert-y and urban here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer