Mother’s Day


Women are amazing. That’s what becoming a mother has taught me. There’s no other role like it. I’m forever thankful that I get to be the mom to my two beautiful baby girls, and also that I have a wonderful mother of my own. 

I heard a quote once that said something along the lines of “you’re not a perfect mother, but you’re the perfect mother for me.” It resonated with me. As a parent I never know what the heck I’m doing. Seriously. Never. I try to approach every challange with optimism/gentleness/patience, and I do a lot of research. I rely a lot on advice from moms that I respect, and with the rest I just kind of wing it. Most things don’t go as planned, or how I think it will go, but we’re all still alive and healthy today. So I guess I’m not doing a terrible job 😉. I’m not trying to be a perfect mom, but I hope to be the best one for Cora and Ruby. 

Today started out with Cora feeling sick. She had a fever, so Clayton stayed home with her while I took Ruby to church. The primary kids sang a cute song and there was another nice duet by some teens. During second hour Ruby got pushed over by her friend, so we spent some time crying in the hall. We were gifted chocolate by the elders quorum, and s’mores by the relief society. Then we came home and FaceTimed Mimi to tell her happy Mother’s Day. Now we’re all taking naps, and later Clayton is making a fancy dinner. So overall it’s been a pretty good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

Summer