9 months









I’m a little late on the post, but the girls are 9 months old. I am loving every single minute with them. Have you ever seen such a fun, adorable set of red headed twins in your whole life? I don’t think so!


Cora and Ruby weigh about 17 lbs now. I’ll have more specific measurements next month at our doctors appointment. We signed up for new insurance, so I had to find a new pediatrician. It’s too bad, I really liked Dr. Marshall. I’m sure this new Dr. will be just as friendly and reassuring. 

 The girls have lots of fun tricks, like waving, fake crying, and pulling each other’s hair. They love looking at each other and just smiling and talking. They really love FaceTiming. If they hear the FaceTime call ring tone from another room they race over with big grins, ready to greet whoever we’re talking to.

Cora is crawling like a champ. Ruby can crawl, but if it’s for long distances she prefers to army crawl. They pull themselves up on everything, and I think couch cruising is not too far off in the future. They’ve recently discovered the stairs. It is TERRIFYING. They haven’t figure out how to climb them yet, but they’re pulling themselves up on the first step, reaching for the second, and a few times they’ve hoisted a knee up there too. It won’t be long. They get stuck standing and whine until someone helps them get back down.


Eating solids is going great. They eat 3 meals a day and usually a snack or two. I’ve discovered that meal prepping breakfast and lunch is a life saver. I’ve never really loved preparing food for myself and Clayton, and it turns out that didn’t magically change when Ruby and Cora started eating. But I’m 1,000 times for motivated to provide them good healthy options, and meal prepping has been really helpful. 

Abe has found the prime real estate during meal times- right under the high chairs. He’s been getting fed really well too lately. 

Because they’ve been eating so well they’re also sleeping really well. We went from 30-45 minute cat naps during the day to 2 hour naps. Hallelujah! They’re sleeping through the night, although that is not 100% consistent. Every time we travel somewhere they take a week or so to sleep all the way through the night again. Also, they’re teething like crazy. I’m sure that’s been effecting their nights too. 


Ruby and Cora are the sweetest little pumpkin faces ever. They’re so happy and smiley and so fun to play all day with. They bring so much joy to my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy