28 weeks





How far along? 28 weeks, babies are the size of eggplants. At the ultrasound this week baby a was measuring 2 lb. 11 oz, and baby b was 2 lb. 8 oz. Which means that these bebes are huge! The average 28 week old fetus is 2 lbs.

Total weight gain/loss: 24 lbs. The belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: I am up multiple times every night either because I have to go to the bathroom or because I'm hungry. Clayton will find me downstairs making breakfast at 5 am. And once I'm up and eating breakfast there is no going back to sleep. I have found that if I eat something with a lot of protein, like eggs or peanut butter, right before going to bed then I can avoid the early morning hunger pains.

Best moment this week: 28 weeks means we are in the 3rd trimester! If the babies came now they would most likely survive and be just fine after a lot of NICU time. Not that we want them to come now. We want them to wait 2 more months. I heard somewhere that they gain about 1 oz a day, and every extra week spent in the womb is the equivalent of 2 weeks in the NICU.

Food cravings: Oranges. I eat several oranges a day. Oh, and my sweet tooth is out of control.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just when I eat too fast or too much. I guess my stomach must be pretty squished, because I can't eat as much as I usually do without feeling like it's harder to breath. If I can remember to eat slowly and small portions throughout the day then I feel much better. 

Gender: Fraternal girls

Belly Button in or out? still half way out

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, moody if I'm tired or hungry. 

Exercise: If the sidewalks are clear of ice, I'll take Abe on a 1-2 mile jog. We jog rrrreeeallllly slow, and it's never for very long anymore. 

Any other symptoms? Itchy itchy skin on my stomach and back. I put bio oil on, but it doesn't help unless I put a lot on fairly often. And my back is sore all the time, with no relief ever. That's definitely been the worst part so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy