Peach Festival


This past weekend was the peach festival in Lewiston. We met up with some friends from the ward who had kids, so the carnival was pretty fun. Carnivals are always more fun when there are little kids with you. They had rides, food stands, the Peach Queen contest, etc.


We got the peach short cake, and Clayton won us a little fishy friend. Knowing from previous experience that goldfish don't live long, at least not under my watch, I held up the Vulcan hand sign and told him to live long and prosper, after which Clayton named him Spock. So welcome to the family, Spock!


After the carnival, we all walked down to the river. I'm pretty positive that the other side was Canada, since the Canadian boarder was the next exit on the freeway. It was so beautiful. For some reason it seems like you can never really capture the beauty of nature in a picture, although this one is pretty dang good if I do say so myself. There was a restaurant on the river that we stopped at for dinner. It was on some food television show and won a lot of awards, I wish I could remember the name of it.


We are loving New York.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy