Book Review

One of the best parts of Christmas break is that you finally have time to read real books, not just text books. 


On New Year's Eve, I went to my sisters house. My brother-in-law Greg game me this book and said that I should read it. Well I did read it, and I thought that it was a really inspiring story. It's about a man who grew up Muslim and converted to Christianity. Traditionally, this conversion doesn't usually go over so well, in fact most Muslim to Christian converts are murdered. Muhammad suffered a lot of persecution and abuse because of his new found beliefs. There was one part in the book where he is a womanizer that made me really uncomfortable, but other than that I really liked it. It would be really interesting to meet him one day.


Clayton and I both read Ender's game over the break too. I liked the book, but I didn't love it. Clayton loved it though. He said that the leadership development was really fascinating. He loved it so much, in fact, that he spent a Birthday gift card to buy the entire set of the Ender's Quintet. After we both finished the book we went to see the movie. I gave similar reviews to the movie. I think if I had not just read the book, I wouldn't have liked the movie at all. It was more like an inaccurate Sparknotes version of the book, but did I like it because it gave me a visual of most of the highlights. I thought that the battle school looked really cool, and I loved the final battle scene.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy