Conference Weekend



We play a game with Ruby and Cora during conference weekend. We tell them a list of key words (testimony, faith, repent, or whatever words we choose) and every time they hear one they get to pick a piece of candy. It’s been very effective at helping them to listen to a lot of conference. 

It’s been a good weekend. We got a lot of house projects done while listening, we spent a lot of time outside in the nice 50 degree weather, and we’ve spent plenty of time together. I don’t have a traditional conference snack or meal that I make every time, mostly because I get tired of the things that I make over and over. 

This next two weeks are spring break, which I actually don’t love. For one thing, Clayton doesn’t gets long breaks from work so it doesn’t feel like a vacation. School is out which means I don’t get to hand my kids off regularly for a couple hours (which I love doing). The parks and museum that we usually visit are packed with other kids that are also out for break, and it’s just not as fun to go when it’s super super busy. So really the next two weeks are going to be exhausting. I should really make a plan for them so we’re not just sitting around the house .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy