National Prematurity Day

I have about a million pictures of Cora and Ruby, and I always have the hardest time picking which ones to post when I’m reminiscing. So here’s a bunch of them.

It’s National Prematurity Day. My twins were born at 34 weeks exactly,which means they were about 6 weeks early. Although technically they want you to deliver twins 2 weeks early at 38 weeks anyway, even if you make it to the end. 


I remember when I first held both girls for the first time (well, I don’t actually really remember the first time because I was so drugged up. When I say the first time I mean the first time that I was totally cognizant). I just couldn’t believe how teeny tiny they were. I remember thinking that the word precious had just taken on a whole new meaning to me.



Those were long, hard days in the NICU. The doctors kept pushing back the day that we could go home, and I was going crazy in there. What started out as an estimated 1 week long hospital stay turned into 3 weeks. I watched as other babies came into the NICU and then left before we did. I thought it was so unfair. I’m actually pretty sure that I was depressed during those 3 weeks. 
That being said, I’m so so grateful to all of the NICU nurses and doctors that kept Ruby and Cora alive and healthy. 





What sweet little babes I have. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜


Also, I’m eternally grateful to my mom and Clayton for spending so many of those long days in the chair next to me, keeping me company, washing bottles, taking pictures, and holding babies. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy