Whole Foods

Clayton challenged my family to join him for a week of whole food eating. We turned it into a competition. Each person put $5 into the pot and whoever doesn’t cheat on the diet, drinks 8 cups of water, exercises every day, and posts to the competition thread for the longest amount of time wins. Whole Foods was defined for everyone as no processed food, packaged items, or sugar. We created a list of exceptions, like peanut butter, milk, cheese, and butter.

It was harder than I thought it was going to be. Partially because I’m already dairy free (Ruby is lactose sensitive). Over the week we slowly fell off the band wagon, and now it’s between Clayton and Anna. Clayton is pretty committed, so I don’t know how long this is going to last.

(Clayton and Cora enjoying their whole food dinner)


(Me and Cora. I think Cora looks so big in this picture! They’re growing so fast!)

Cora and Ruby are doing great! We’ve begun sleep training them, but not night weaning. I think they need another month or two of eating once or twice at night, but they should be sleeping longer stretches. So by sleep training I mean that we have gotten rid of their swaddles, pacifiers, and rock n plays. They sleep in their separate cribs now. So far it’s going much better than I thought it would. Maybe they were just ready. 

We gave them solid food for the first time. I’ve let them lick things before, just to taste something, but never actually swallow anything solid. We gave them a couple of spoonfuls of baby oatmeal. They didn’t love it. They both made grossed out faces, and Ruby even gaged. Maybe we’ll revisit it in a week or two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Kindergarten

To Kathy